The E3IOT database contains a high resolution, environmentally extended input output table for Europe which covers production, consumption and waste management sectors.
The E3IOT database contains a high resolution, environmentally extended input output table for Europe which covers production, consumption and waste management sectors. Almost 500 production sectors are distinguished. Added to the production sectors are a number of consumption activities with direct emissions, such as automobile driving, cooking and heating, and a number of postconsumer waste management sectors. A large number of environmental interventions are covered by E3IOT among which resource use, emissions of greenhouse gasses, ozone depleting substances and toxic substances. The data for the E3IOT database have been constructed by using the sparse available and coarse economic and environmental data on European countries and adding technological detail mainly based on data from the United States as contained in the CEDA-software. A full description of the datasources and data transformation steps used to create E3IOT can be found in the documentation.
The E3IOT database can be used for:
- Integrated product policy
- Hybrid life cycle analysis
- Environmental extended input output analysis
A previous version of E3IOT has already been used for integrated product policy as described in Huppes (2006). E3IOT is available as CMLCA-file. CMLCA is CML's life cycle analyis software. Using CMLCA in combination with E3IOT makes true hybrid LCA possible as described in Heijungs (2006). Moreover you will have the ability to use numerous impact assessment methods and advanced analytical tools are available to examine your results. A full description of the possibilities of CMLCA can be found in the CMLCA user manual.
E3IOT can be purchased in combination with CMLCA.
- academic-license (E3IOT + CMLCA): € 1000,-
- non-academic license (E3IOT + CMLCA): € 3500,-
- CMLCA user manual
- E3IOT database description
- Huppes, G., A. de Koning, S. Suh, R. Heijungs, L. van Oers, P. Nielsen and J.B. Guinée. 2006. Environmental impacts of consumption in the european union: High-resolution input-output tables with detailed environmental extensions. Journal of Industrial Ecology 10(3): 129-146.
- Heijungs, R., A. de Koning, S. Suh and G. Huppes. 2006. Toward an information tool for integrated product policy: Requirements for data and computation. Journal of Industrial Ecology 10(3): 147-158.