Registration Minor Sustainable Development 2017-2018
How to register for the Interdisciplinary minor Sustainable Development (30 ECTS) or elective Sustainable Development: Big Issues New Answers.
You can officially register for the minor Sustainable Development via uSis from 1 May until 1 August.
We will publish the Usis class number on this website soon. Follow the steps of the how do I register for a course using class nbr. Make sure that you register for the TEN activities (exam) not the HER (retake). It's also possible to follow only the Big Issues New Answers course (half minor, 15 ECTS).
If you are already interested in following the Minor, please register your interest here. Then we will keep you up to date about the minor programme through a newsletter.
Registration for an elective of 15 EC
Students who do not have the full 30 ECTS available can take the ‘Sustainable Development: Big Issues New Answers’ course as an elective. In Usis you will register for this course only (so not for the whole minor). You will need permission to do so from the exam board for your degree programme. This course will be taught from 4 September to 10 November 2017.
You can find the course Big Issues New Answers in uSis.
Participation in a minor at Leiden University is guaranteed. Please note, from 1-31 May there is an easy registration process for the Minor. There are a few simple steps to take and then your enrollment for the Minor is guaranteed. The application form will follow soon here. After May, you can still register for the minor until 1 August, but then by following the registration process of ‘Other students’, see paragraph below.
As a preparation for the minor in September we ask you to submit a survey after August 1. You will get an invitation to do the survey. We will try as much as possible to incorporate your input into our programme and class discussions.
In principle, the minor is also open to students of other universities and universities of professional education (HBO), provided that they are highly motivated to do so and show great commitment. If the number of applicants exceeds the number of places, participants will be selected on the basis of a letter of motivation and order of registration.
We need the following documents for registration:
1. Form 'gueststudent', see below, hard copy
2. Bewijs Betaald Collegeld 2017-2018, hard copy
3. Motivation letter, see below, by mail to the minor coordinator.
- Form 'gueststudent':
- Go to the webpage anders studeren and follow instructions.
- The request form must be signed by the study advisor at the institute where the course is to take place. You must therefore first send this form (with Bewijs Betaald Collegeld 2017-2018) to the following address:
2300 RA Leiden
- We will then send it to the PLEXUS central administrative office.
- After receiving your student number and ULCN account you can register for the minor in Usis in the same way as students from Leiden University (see above).
- Motivation letter: please discuss the following questions in your letter (about 500 words). Send your motivation letter to the minor coordinator.
- Why do you want to follow this minor?
- What is your study background, and how does this minor fit in (or not)?
- What would you like to learn? (Do you have a specific interest for a topic (climate change, resource scarcity, etc.) or skills (writing papers, presentation, debate, etc.) that you would like to improve?)
- How did you know about this minor (website, Facebook, via-via, directory, etc)
Please Note: Your registration can only be processed in time if you make sure you are in possession of all the documents required for your registration as a guest student as early as possible (by 1 August at the latest).
Since students of Leiden University are given priority, external applicants will have to wait until 1 August to know whether any places are available for external students.