Annual report 2012
Summary of Annual report 2012 and downloadable PDF
2012 was a year with several highlights for the Institute of Environmental Sciences:
- During the CML New Year meeting on January 23, 2012 the ‘Stans Prize 2011' was awarded to Ingrid Odegard for her research on The Future of Food - Scenarios and the Effects on Resource Use in Agriculture. Ingrid wrote her report for her master study (Industrial Ecology).
- On Thurday 20 September, Jan Bergen, Thijs Kamperman, Merel Segers, Katinka Wijsman, and Wei Han Wu received their diploma for the Msc Study programme Industrial Ecology
- The MIND programme (ERASMUS M UNDUS Master's programme in Ind ustrial Ecology) started this year.
- Record amount of students started the Master Industrial Ecology
- This year, a total of 34 students registered for the Minor Sustainable Development. The composition of the group was quite diverse.
- MSc student has obtained a PhD-position at the Yale School of Public Health
- Sarah Herms won the university-wide award for best master thesis
- Several PhD students started their research, while other PhD students successfully defended her thesises.
- CML-researchers working on pesticides research in the Netherlands received the prestigious prize for mapping the pesticides concentrations in the surface water on a special public accessible website: www.bestrijdingsmiddelenatlas.nl.
- Publication: Pesticides and Water Quality (Bestrijdingsmiddelen en Waterkwaliteit)
- The Environmental Sciences Research Prize 2012 of the Environmental Scientists Association of Catalonia, has been awarded to CML researcher David Font Vivanco .
- Memory of Understanding (MOU) with the Mulawarman university in Indonesia
- As of 1 September 2012, prof.dr. Eddy van der Meijden was appointed as interim director at CML.
- As of 1 September 2012 René Kleijn is Director of Education of the MSc program Industrial Ecology
The mission of the Institute of Environmental Sciences (CML) will be to carry out strategic interdisciplinary research and education in relation to the sustainable management and governance of natural resources, including environmental quality and biodiversity. The aim is to combine research and education at the highest level with a good balance between fundamental and applied science.
The annual report is available as a PDF-document